Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January 20, 2010

What a fabulous day! Finally finished reconciling the inventory accounts and provided to the auditors...what a relief to have that off my back!

In my IS5800 class right now...looks to be very interesting aside from that term "group assignment" that keeps popping up. Luckily, though, my group is great...if 5 minutes can tell you anything.

So far tonight I already learned that a man trapped by the first earthquake in Haiti survived for 65 hours before being rescued...and he claims his IPhone saved his life. First he treated his injuries using a medical app, used his alarm clock to keep himself from going into shock, and finally mapped his location to identify a safer spot to await rescuers. How cool is that?! Not sure I'd be that smart in that situation...or that my phone wouldn't run out of power!

1 comment:

  1. The lesson for the night then is to make sure your phone is always well charged! Survival is a powerful motivator to being smart!

    ReplyDelete